What we’ve accomplished
MPA worked collaboratively in a leadership or supporting role on the following policies and processes including, but not exclusive to:
- Streamlined City of Tucson Sign Code
- Updated Pima County Subdivision Design Standards to extend maintenance life of streets
- Engaged by Pima County to resolve issues between utility installation and transportation projects that resulted in creating a new position at the County
- Reduced sewer connection fees on new development by 60 to 100 percent
- Created over one million dollars in sewer connection fee credits and eliminated the majority of connection fees for tenant improvements
- Assisted in streamlining Pima County’s Development Services Department
- Drafted portions of Plan Tucson that led to a new economic development section
- Assisted the Town of Oro Valley in creating increased opportunities for the Your Voice, Our Future general plan amendments
- Was instrumental in creating incentives for City of Tucson IID
- Worked with stakeholders to create and support the Pima County Multi-Species Conservation Plan and the resulting Section 10 permit
Metal Theft Task Force
MPA, BOMA and CCIM came together and founded a state-wide effort leading the battle against metal theft. With more than a dozen organizations and local governments united, the Metal Theft Task Force had over 100 participants who achieved their goal of mitigating, preventing and combating the negative economic and personal impact metal theft had on our community. By consolidating our resources with local and state agencies, we were able to effect change state-wide.
MPA has been able to provide our company extremely valuable information on land use which is vital in the design and implementation of construction in Pima County. Being a member of MPA has given our company the valuable information needed to work together with numerous developers, agencies, builders and municipalities to become more successful in the projects that we are a part of. It’s this type of detailed information that forms relevant and productive discussions which result in a more desirable sustainable living platform
(Regarding sewer connection fees) GREAT JOB!!!!! Well worth my dues!